test all offers   
MIEL - Your trusted DMC partner for Bulgaria!
Visa to Bulgaria

Check visa requirments here - www.mfa.bg


How to come to Bulgaria ?
Since 1st January 2007 Bulgaria is a member of European Union. This membership has brought many facilities in Visa procedures, and coming to Bulgaria has become very easy. You can reside in the country only with an identity card or a valid passport for a term up to three months.
Citizens from the countries, members of EU are not required to have a Visa. They will be required for a valid passport or an ID card for a check at the border transitions.
It is compulsory to carry your passport or ID card with you every time you are traveling in the EU as you may be required to prove your identity for security reasons. This may be the case, for instance, when checking in or boarding a plane at an airport or when checked by road police or other police authorities.
The non-EU member citizens must disposed a valid passport, a visa (if required), an invitation or a tourist voucher for prepaid services, 50 euros per every day you are going to stay as well as tickets or money for return which they will be requested to present at the border checkpoints.
For the under aged tourists, children up to the age of 12 and in height less than 150 cm are not allowed to travel in the front seat. They can travel only in the back seats and with special safety belts.

Some of the most common questions, frequently asked :

  • Where can i use Euros?

In Bulgaria is in use the national currency (Lev), although many hotels, shops, restaurants particularly in tourist areas, may accept payments in euro as well (1 euro = 1,95 Lev)

  • What are the latest security requirements at airports?

When packing, make sure that you have no prohibited articles on your person or in your luggage. There is an agreed EU list of articles that are not allowed in the cabin flights, from EU airports (lighter fluids etc.) and a list of articles banned from the baggage hold (gases, flammable liquids etc.) There are also new restrictions on liquids allowed on the board of plane and limits on the size of the cabin baggage.

  • What should i do if i have something stolen?

Report the crime to the local police and get a copy of the police report which you will need for any insurance claim. If your passport or ID card is lost or stolen inform your consulate or embassy. They will cancel your old document and give you a new travel document. Cancel any lost or stolen credit cards immediately.

  • Can i take my dog on holiday?

You can travel with your dog or cat within the EU with a pet passport which must contain details of a valid rabies vaccination.

  • What kind of insurances the drivers, non-EU member States citizens are required to have when entering in Bulgaria?

Drivers that are non-EU member States citizens must take out third-party liability insurance at the border checkpoint when entering Bulgaria. That is necessary if they do not have a valid insurance for the countries that have signed the so called "Green Card" agreement.

We are member of
We use cookies to ensure we give you the best browsing experience on our website. Find out more on how we use cookies and how you can change your settings.